Hello Ascent Fam,
With the daily infection rates increasing in Pierce County we have decided to reduce the size of our group classes further and increase the personalization of our offerings.
Even with just 5 people in the gym we don’t feel like we can provide adequate spacing. We are committed to helping each and every one of you on your movement journey while keeping our staff and members healthy.
After having conversations with several members, we’ve concluded what most people need right now is consistency and connection. We believe the best way to do this is to continue offering courses and customized training groups. We will also be expanding our outside class offerings and continuing to offer our live zoom classes.
Here’s what’s available:
- Daily live group classes on zoom. We are still offering several classes online and will be until the pandemic situation changes greatly. Includes Dance and Stretch, Move, and Mobility and Flow (Unlimited with membership).
- Outside classes at a distance: The spread of Covid-19 seems to be greatly reduced when maintaining distance outside compared to inside. We have added more sessions of Kettlebells in the Park and are exploring other outdoor training options. These courses are still maxed at 5 so reserve your spot online. (1 course included/ member/ month)
- NEW: Group Strength classes are now Small group coaching. Train with the same 2-4 people with a customized training plan. With less people we can create at least 10’ feet between participants and build camaraderie and accountability by having a consistent group. Further you will have a coach to help you adjust your program as needed. (No additional cost for current members in the month of July)
- 1:1 Personal training: Work 1:1 with a coach to create a plan that best meets your needs and have the whole gym to yourself while training. These sessions will be 100% personalized to you. (discounts for members)
- Remote personal training: Want to be able to work out from the security of your own place while using a personalized program, then this one’s for you! (discounts for members)
Finally, we have received a lot of questions on our decision to enforce wearing masks inside the gym. Research is showing that even with adequate social distancing that there is community spread among guests at restaurants and people who work in the same office. With rates increasing in our community we are unwilling to take any unnecessary risks. When our county moves into phase 3 we will re visit our mask wearing policy.
Thanks again for your support and understanding.